Established in 1885 as a partnership between Willard Pike & George Cook, The Pike & Cook Company was an early pioneer in the Minneapolis construction industry. Many of their projects are still visible today and include St. Marks Church, Hennepin Avenue Church, and Dunwoody Institute, which are all located near Loring Park. The company went on to construct projects nationally until the late 1930s, and in 1940, they were reorganized and incorporated as the George F. Cook Construction Company.
The company is located in Golden Valley, Minnesota, and is a fourth generation General Contractor. They provide project management, carpentry, and remodeling services to commercial, industrial, and institutional customers in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Recent projects include schools, community & public safety facilities, multi-family housing, and hi-tech manufacturing.
Total company employees range from 20 to 30 people and include estimator/project managers, superintendents, carpenters and laborers.